Mumbai - Pune Expressway at 7:30am on 27th Dec. 2010!

As every Monday, today I woke up early (may be for the last time) from my sweet old little bed, in which I don't fit in from toe to hair . After a heavy yummy breakfast by mommy, I left for Pune. Luckily, today I the seat next to the driver in the cab, since uncle has to go to Shirdi. Also behind me there were no cold blooded person, who asks me to close the window Yippeee!!!! Cold Air rushing through the glass and start of my routine journey, which then turned out to be "pathway to paradise" after we crossed Panvel.
No sooner we hit the Mumbai Pune Expressway, the scene changed. My half-sleep filled eyes became wide open, as I see our cab being engulfed in a white blanket of fog! Such dense fog that, while driving in the middle lane, the side railings on the road are barely visible.

Then comes a tunnel – all fog has disappeared, yellow lights filling the tunnel and sleep back in my eyes. But from the corner of my closing eyes, I see white light, indicating the end of the tunnel, or… is it a WHITE WALL??!!! The cars were disappearing as soon as they left the tunnel. This scene again stole sleep from my eyes. The same phenomenon happened with us too… The white wall ate us too :-). The moisture was increasing in the air. There were dew drops on the windshield, and we needed to use the wiper constantly. The breeze was showering wet kisses on my face and hands!

As we approached the toll plaza, there was a lot of traffic, and I saw a disaster – a car had smashed into a truck from behind; A Santro's bonnet was crushed into the front seat; Another Swift was on the million pieces of its windshield; And a car's bumper was lying on the road! It was a chaos, even when the ghat had not yet started. The sun was redish-pink, as if an eye of God who has cried on this sight and the tears (dew) were shed more than a shower!

I was praying that we reach safely to our destination (office!) and instantly my prayers were answered for all people travelling at that time on that road. As the ghat started, the visibility improved, the sun was bright and instilling sleep into my eyes…
I was summoned back from my world of dreams by a sudden force on my face and blaring honking of the bus driver on my side. We had reached the Khandala bridge, where the traffic was jammed due to another accident! Yes… I did mention about the force on my face… it was the BREEZE!!! It was so powerful, that it could swing my sleepy head from one side to the other. I looked outside the window, grass and trees were swaying in a rhythm under the light and pleasant rays of sun. I felt like being there forever… but it took 20 minutes to pass the area and THESE 20 MINIUTES, I EXPERINCED PARADISE.
This journey has been a true experience of natural beauty and awakened the sleeping blogger in me :-) Keep following …
Comments
Post a Comment